BDC Capital announced today that its Growth Equity division has invested over $57 million in minority equity investments in 7 mid-sized Canadian businesses.
- BID Group Holdings Ltd. (in partnership with Highland West Capital, EDC), one of the largest integrated suppliers to the wood processing industry and the North American leader in the field;
- Intelcom Express, one of the top last-mile delivery companies in Canada;
- Prodomax Automation, one of North America’s large automation companies providing manufacturing production systems for automotive manufacturers;
- Rx Drug Mart (in partnership with Persistence Capital Partners), an independent pharmacy retail organization, that operates over 40 pharmacies across Canada;
- Altitude Sports, a web retailer specializing in both urban and outdoor high-end clothing;
- Delco Automation, a leading technology driven integrator of process automation and control systems, specialized in security, water and healthcare facilities;
- InvestorCOM, a leader in providing financial technology and outsourcing services to banks, asset managers, insurance companies and investment dealers.
The investments are part of BDC’ commitment, announced in June 2017, to invest $250 million in growth equity over the next five years to help mid-sized firms scale in size.
BDC Growth Equity makes minority equity investments of up to $25 million to support expansion through organic growth, acquisitions and other strategic initiatives, or to facilitate succession planning and ownership transitions.
“We are pleased with the enthusiastic reaction of Canadian entrepreneurs to our new minority equity offering. They welcome the opportunity to partner with BDC Growth Equity to support their future growth plans and secure a part of the wealth they have created “, says Patrick Latour, Senior Vice President, Growth & Transition Capital at BDC Capital.
“Our team has been very active, as noted by the pace at which we are committing funds while respecting our investment criteria,” adds Claude Miron, Vice President, Growth Equity with BDC Capital. “These investments are BDC Capital’s answer to fulfill an important gap in the equity financing ecosystem for Canadian entrepreneurs and align perfectly with our vision of being the minority equity partner of choice for Canadian entrepreneurs looking for growth capital to become world-class players in their industry.”
photo credit: BDC
Latest posts by Ted Liu (see all)
- SPUD secures $11M new funding led by CIC - December 13, 2018
- Robotiq secures $31M growth equity financing from Battery Ventures - December 11, 2018
- OnDeck to acquire Seer Capital backed Evolocity Financial Group - December 5, 2018