Toronto (pcJ News Breifs) – Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE/TSX: ABX) has entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with Shandong Gold Group Co., Ltd., the leading underground mining company in China, based in Jinan, Shandong province.
The agreement includes three components:
- Shandong Gold Mining Co., Ltd. (SHA: 600547), the listed company of Shandong Gold Group, will acquire 50 percent of Barrick’s Veladero mine in San Juan province, Argentina, for US $960 million.
- Barrick and Shandong will form a working group to explore the joint development of the Pascua-Lama deposit.
- Barrick and Shandong will evaluate additional investment opportunities on the highly prospective El Indio Gold Belt on the border of Argentina and Chile, which hosts a cluster of world-class gold mines and projects including Veladero, Pascua-Lama, and Alturas.
Upon completion of the transaction, the Veladero mine will be overseen by a Joint Venture Board consisting of three nominees appointed by each company. In order to ensure continuity of operations, both companies intend to maintain the mine’s current management team following closing of the transaction.
CIBC World Markets Inc. is acting as financial advisor to Barrick. Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP is acting as legal counsel to Barrick.
photo credit: Barrick Gold
Latest posts by CPE Media News (see all)
- Nuvei completes US $270M financing at US $2B valuation - December 11, 2019
- Vistara Technology Growth Fund III final closes at US $115 M - December 11, 2019
- Former Fiera Capital EVP Martin Dufresne joins Walter Global Asset Management as President - December 10, 2019