Saskatchewan

Vendasta celebrates 15 years, expects new financing

CPE News

Brendan King founded and Vanedge Capital, BDC Capital, Lugard Road Capital backed Vendasta celebrated 15th year in operation and expected to announce new financing, adding to $160M raised so far.

PFM Capital holds initial close for 4th flagship PE fund

Ted Liu

PFM Capital held initial close for Apex IV Investment Fund with commitments primary from accredited investors from Saskatchewan.

PFM, BDC Capital and Roynat acquire Sexton Family of Companies

CPE News

PFM Capital Inc., BDC Capital and Roynat Equity Partners, acquired a majority interest in Sexton Family of Companies. Sexton Investments will retain a minority ownership interest.

Ground Truth Ag secures $4M seed financing led by Conexus Venture Capital

CPE News

Kyle Folk led Ground Truth Ag secured $4M seed funding led by Conexus Venture Capital Inc. with participation of SaskWorks Venture Fund Inc., Tall Grass Ventures, Golden Opportunities Fund Inc., WTC Investments LP, private investors.

Westcap funds invest in WBM Technologies

CPE News

Westcap Mgt. Ltd., through Golden Opportunities Fund Inc. and Westcap MBO III Investment LP, acquired significant stake in WBM Technologies LP. JoeAnne Hardy and Brett Bailey retain their ownership and leadership roles and Bob Hardy is retiring from company.

Vantage Chance converts Western Potash Holdings shares into Western Resources shares

CPE News

Vantage Chance Limited converted 157,325,071 Western Potash Holdings Corp. shares into 219,729,258 common shares of Western Resources Corp., becoming largest and controlling shareholder.

Andgo Systems secures $5.6 M Series A led by First Ascent Ventures and Waterline Ventures

CPE News

Tom Ross and Erik Frederiksen founded Andgo Systems secured $5.6 million in Series A funding co-led by First Ascent Ventures and Waterline Ventures.

Vantage Chance Limited becomes largest shareholder of Western Potash

CPE News

BVI domiciled Chinese firm Vantage Chance Limited completed $80M tranched investment in Western Potash Holding Corp. for 54% stake with the remaining 46% owned by Western Resources Corp. (TSX: WRX).

Accenture acquires Solvera Solutions

CPE News

Accenture plc (NYSE: ACN) acquired Solvera Solutions from founders Reg Robinson and Jim Ostertag. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

Western Potash closes $45M 1st tranche of loan financing with Appian Capital Advisory

CPE News

Western Potash Corp., wholly owned subsidiary of Western Resources Corp. (TSX: WRX), closed $45M first tranche of $85M loan transaction with Appian Capital Advisory LLP.

Three Farmers Foods secures $6.2M financing led by District Ventures Capital

CPE News

Natasha Vandenhurk and Elysia Vandenhurk led Three Farmers Foods secured $6.2M new funding from District Ventures Capital, Export Development Canada, Golden Opportunities Fund Inc., and PIC Investment Group.

myComply secures US $4.5M seed funding round

CPE News

Mark Wolff and Neil Reddekopp founded myComply raised US $4.5M in seed funding round, consisting US $1.5M non-dilutive government grants/investment and US $3M equity funding from private investors.

StoreToDoor Technologies secures $1.25M seed financing

CPE News

Scott Love's StoreToDoor secured $1.25M seed funding from Inverted Ventures, LEX Capital Corp., Golden Opportunities Fund, Startup TNT, and private investors.

PFM Capital and Roynat Equity Partners invest in Surface Hair

CPE News

PFM Capital Inc. and Roynat Equity Partners acquired undisclosed stakes in Wayne Grund's GHC Systems Inc., supplier of high-performance hair care products for salons and stylists.

7shifts secures US $80M Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2

CPE News

7shifts raised $80M in Series C funding led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Ten Coves Capital and Enlightened Hospitality Investments. David Boriss, Director of SoftBank Investment Advisers, joined 7shifts board of directors.

HomeTeam Live secures $450,000+ pre-seed financing

CPE News

HomeTeam Live raised $450,000+ pre-seed capital funding from external high net-worth investors, as well as angel investors from Saskatchewan and across Western Canada.

Westcap MBO III Investment LP final closes at $285M

CPE News

Westcap Mgt. Ltd. held final close for Westcap MBO III Investment LP, securing $285M in total capital commitments. Fund III will be led by Grant Kook, Rob Connoly, Jamie Schwitzer and Lee Jebb.

Conexus Venture Capital final closes Emmertech Fund I

CPE News

Conexus Venture Capital held final close for its first agtech fund, Emmertech Fund I, with total commitments of over $60M from Innovation Saskatchewan and a group of private and other institutional investors.

1235 Next