Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec today announced the formation of Fonds agroalimentaire CDPQ, a $125 million fund to invest in every segment of Québec agri-food sector value chain, targeting both companies seeking to accelerate their growth and farmers who operate family businesses, and their successors.
Fonds agroalimentaire CDPQ will make direct investments (between $1 million and $30 million) with farmers and in projects and SMEs. The fund will also make investments, between $5 million and $30 million, in agri-sector funds.
Fonds agroalimentaire will target investments meeting certain criteria, including:
- A well-structured business plan;
- A well-established management team to provide farmers and entrepreneurs with proper support and structure;
A transition and succession plan;
- A solid performance track record and growth strategy;
- An investment structure positioning la Caisse as a long-term partner for sustainable businesses and projects.
photo credit: Hans Braxmeier via pixabay
Ted is the architect of CVCA infobase, and is the architect of CPE Media's Financings.ca, Canada's most sophisticated and advanced all private capital and public market financing database.
Latest posts by Ted Liu (see all)
- 21st Canadian Private Equity Summit – Invest, Grow, Succeed - November 20, 2019
- OSC releases action plan to reduce burden for market participants - November 19, 2019
- Walter Capital Partners and Bourgie-Bovet family invest in Athos Services Commémoratifs - November 19, 2019