CPE Media today released its inaugural and ground-breaking report into venture capital (VC) activity in Canada for the first half (H1) of 2017.
Among the key findings are:
- Foreign venture capital investments account for 54% of all VC disbursements. Investments from USA, China, Singapore, Netherlands and Switzerland, the top 5 ranked foreign VC investors, account for 48% of total VC disbursements, 2% more than all Canadian investors combined.
- VC funds lead all investor types, investing $616 million or 40% of all disbursements with US VC funds leading with $439 million. Canadian private VC funds account for 11% of the total disbursements.
- Most financings in Canada take place at the pre-seed, seed and early- stages, accounting for 76% of total VC disbursements. Companies with less than 50 employees attract 84% of the total number of financing and 51% of total VC disbursements.
The whole report can be downloaded HERE
About CPE Media
CPE Media Inc. is an independent and Canadian privately-owned data provider, offering comprehensive and unbiased private capital and public market news and information to all industry stakeholders.
CPE Media offers verified and complete venture capital metrics, including fundraising, investments by investor type, by funding source, by Series, by employee range, and league tables, to help you track and benchmark the industry.
For further info, please contact Ted Liu at 647-782-8818 or email@example.com
We are Canada’s only data provider that specifically tracks and provides metrics on venture capital investments by investor type, by source of funding, and fundraising activities.
We provide trusted, unbiased (without undue industry influence), and verified private and public market news and intelligence to all industry stakeholders
Latest posts by CPE Media Analytics (see all)
- Canadian VC disbursements to set record – Q3 2019 VC report - November 27, 2019
- First Half VC on torrid pace with 264 financings for $2.9B – CPE Media Analytics - August 28, 2019
- Chinook Therapeutics closes US $65M Series A led by Versant Ventures - August 22, 2019