Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) has announced three senior executive changes.
Nick Zelenczuk, Senior Managing Director & Chief Operations Officer, is retiring effective May 31, 2018. Zelenczuk joinied CPPIB in 2009.
Eric Wetlaufer, Senior Managing Director & Global Head of Public Market Investments, is leaving CPPIB effective May 31, 2018 after almost seven years with the organization.
Graeme Eadie, Global Head of Real Assets, will retire from CPPIB effective March 31, 2018, following the announcement in July 2017 of his stepping back from his role. Eadie will will continue as an advisor focused on the investment review process.
CPPIB is currently conducting an assessment of potential candidates and appointments will be made in due course.
photo credit: CPPIB (sitting right, left to right: Eadie, Zelenczuk, Wetlaufer)
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board Announces Senior Executive Changes
Toronto, CANADA (February 5, 2018) – Today, Mark Machin, President & CEO of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) announced the following senior executive changes:
- After nine years with CPPIB, Nick Zelenczuk, Senior Managing Director & Chief Operations Officer will retire from CPPIB effective May 31, 2018. Since joining CPPIB in 2009, Nick has made significant, lasting contributions to CPPIB, including as Chief Financial Officer in the first half of his tenure. His leadership of enterprise risk management, long-term strategy development and operations-based technology will benefit CPPIB for years to come.
- Eric Wetlaufer, Senior Managing Director & Global Head of Public Market Investments, will be leaving CPPIB effective May 31, 2018 after almost seven years with the organization. While at CPPIB, Eric contributed significantly to the growth and sophistication of our Public Market Investments department and spearheaded data and collaboration-based initiatives to better position CPPIB.
- Following an announcement in July 2017 of his stepping back from his role as Global Head of Real Assets, Graeme Eadie will retire from CPPIB effective March 31, 2018. He will continue as an advisor to CPPIB and will lend his decades of experience in an advisory capacity focused on the investment review process.
CPPIB is currently conducting a thorough assessment of potential candidates in accordance with its advanced, ongoing succession processes. Appointments will be made in due course, with a view to a seamless transition and leadership capabilities aligned with the next critical phase of CPPIB’s evolution.
“Planned renewal of senior management is both necessary and healthy for all organizations, and CPPIB is well-positioned to ensure an orderly transition for these important senior leadership roles,” added Machin. “Through this renewal, we are able to benefit from appointing some new leaders who will inject fresh perspectives, experiences and ideas to the organization just as we look ahead to an exciting future.”
About Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) is a professional investment management organization that invests the funds not needed by the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to pay current benefits on behalf of 20 million contributors and beneficiaries. In order to build a diversified portfolio of CPP assets, CPPIB invests in public equities, private equities, real estate, infrastructure and fixed income instruments. Headquartered in Toronto, with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney, CPPIB is governed and managed independently of the Canada Pension Plan and at arm’s length from governments. At September 30, 2017, the CPP Fund totalled C$328.2 billion. For more information about CPPIB, please visit www.cppib.com or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Click here for a downloadable PDF version
Senior Manager, Media Relations
T: +1 416 868 8629
Director, Global Corporate Communications
T: +44 203 205 3406
Ted is the architect of CVCA infobase, and is the architect of CPE Media's Financings.ca, Canada's most sophisticated and advanced all private capital and public market financing database.
Latest posts by Ted Liu (see all)
- Glencore controlled Katanga Mining to raise CDN $7.6B in rights offering - November 7, 2019
- Untether AI secures US $7 Series Add-on from Radical Ventures - November 7, 2019
- BDC healthcare team launches $200M Amplitude Ventures Fund I - November 6, 2019