As in case of top heavy venture capital (VC) investments geographically, Internet, Communication and Telecom (ICT) sector and Biotech/Life Sciences attracted most of venture capital investments, 87% of the total dollar amount and 82% of all financing rounds, according to information compiled from CPE Media all private capital database, Private Capital Dealbase.
SaaS, FinTech and AdTech, top three ICT verticals, attracted 52% of ICT rounds and 51% of ICT total dollars, representing 30% of all VC rounds and 29% of all VC dollars.
Data is complied from Private Capital Dealbase, CPE Media’s all new private capital deal database. Information is collected and cross-verified from numerous public sources.
Venture Capital deals include equity and quasi-equity investments led by professionally managed funds, family offices, private investment firms/merchant banks, corporate strategic investment units, and mutual and hedge fund mangers.
- angel deals or angel deals in between venture rounds;
- subordinate debt investments by federal/provincial governments or retail funds as ways of economic and business support with no equity components;
- grants by federal/provincial economic development agencies or quasi-government agencies such as Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC);
- pure pharmaceutical development deals;
- growth equity with significant minority equity positions.
We are Canada’s only data provider that specifically tracks and provides metrics on venture capital investments by investor type, by source of funding, and fundraising activities.
We provide trusted, unbiased (without undue industry influence), and verified private and public market news and intelligence to all industry stakeholders