As in case of top heavy venture capital (VC) investments geographically, Internet, Communication and Telecom (ICT) sector and Biotech/Life Sciences attracted most of venture capital investments, 87% of the total dollar amount and 82% of all financing rounds, according to information compiled from CPE Media all private capital database, Private Capital Dealbase.
SaaS, FinTech and AdTech, top three ICT verticals, attracted 52% of ICT rounds and 51% of ICT total dollars, representing 30% of all VC rounds and 29% of all VC dollars.
Data is complied from Private Capital Dealbase, CPE Media’s all new private capital deal database. Information is collected and cross-verified from numerous public sources.
Venture Capital deals include equity and quasi-equity investments led by professionally managed funds, family offices, private investment firms/merchant banks, corporate strategic investment units, and mutual and hedge fund mangers.
- angel deals or angel deals in between venture rounds;
- subordinate debt investments by federal/provincial governments or retail funds as ways of economic and business support with no equity components;
- grants by federal/provincial economic development agencies or quasi-government agencies such as Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC);
- pure pharmaceutical development deals;
- growth equity with significant minority equity positions.
Latest posts by Ted Liu (see all)
- OnDeck to acquire Seer Capital backed Evolocity Financial Group - December 5, 2018
- Fairfax led investment group to privatize AGT for $313M - December 4, 2018
- SLANG Worldwide files for IPO on CSE - November 30, 2018