Lumira Capital has announced investment team promotions and the additions to its team and advisory board.
- Dr. Jacki Jenuth, formerly a principal, has been promoted to Partner.
- Dr. Richard Glickman, Chairman & CEO of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, has joined as a Partner in connection with securing commitment for Lumira Capiat IV from BC Government
- Dr. Lu Han, previously Analyst, has been promoted to Director, Business Development Asia Pacific.
- Baye Galligan, formerly research manager for National Angel Capital Organization (NACO), has joined the firm as an Analyst.
- Dr. John Gillard, Adjoint Professor in the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics at McGill University, has been appointed to Lumria’s advisory board.
“Jacki has been an invaluable member of the Lumira team for many years and we’re pleased to recognize her contributions across every aspect of our firm and our investment franchise. We are also excited to leverage Richard’s 30 years of experience in the creation and operation of numerous successful healthcare ventures, and in particular his leadership role in the biomedical industry in British Columbia. We also recognize Lu’s efforts helping expand Lumira’s strategic relationships in China and Asia, both for the firm as well as for our portfolio companies. We welcome Baye as the newest member of our team. Her analytical skills and relationships across the Canadian innovation ecosystem and angel investor community will contribute to all our investment initiatives. And as an accomplished drug developer and pharmaceutical industry veteran, John will be a tremendous resource to our biotech entrepreneurs and portfolio companies,” said Peter van der Velden, Managing General Partner of Lumira Capital.
“These promotions and additions to our investment team will support Lumira’s current portfolio companies as well as our investing activities in the future,” added van der Velden.
photo credit: DarkoStojanovic via pixabay
Ted is the architect of CVCA infobase, and is the architect of CPE Media's Financings.ca, Canada's most sophisticated and advanced all private capital and public market financing database.
Latest posts by Ted Liu (see all)
- Berkshire Partners exits Aritzia and founder Brian Hill regains control - February 19, 2019
- Peraso Technologies secures $42M strategic investment - February 19, 2019
- Cansortium files for IPO on CSE - February 11, 2019